12 x organic medjool dates
1/2 cup organic almond butter
1 1/2 cups organic dark chocolate baking chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 tsp maldon flaky salt
1. Half fill a pot of water and bring it to the boil. Place a heat resistant glass or metal mixing bowl on top over the double boiler, and melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth liquid. Turn off heat, and leave on top of the steam.
2. Remove pits from the dates by cutting a small line, remove the pit and open the date
3. Place ½ tsp of organic almond butter in each date and then squeeze it closed. You don’t want to overfill the date. Smooth out any excess on the outside.
4. Using a spoon, dip each of the dates into melted chocolate, rotate the date on the spoon until it is completely covered. Place on a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
5. Sprinkle flaky salt and place in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets.
Store in the fridge for 5 days, or the freezer for a month - if they will last that long without being eaten!