3 medium bananas, extremely ripe
1/4 cup organic 100% maple syrup
3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1/4 c unsweetened nut milk (I used almond milk)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp dairy free cashew or coconut yogurt ( alternative 1 tsp apple cider vinegar ) yogurt is my mama’s secret ingredient
1 x organic egg (alternative extra 1/4 cup olive oil)
2 c gluten free, 1 for 1 flour (I love Bob Mill’s)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. Using 2 mixing bowls, mix all your dry ingredients in one bowl, and then mix all of the wet ingredients until smooth and combined.
3. Pour in your wet ingredients into your dry bowl, and mix gently just until it's all combined well. Then fold in your walnuts and chocolate chips.
4. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil, or olive oil and line with parchment paper. Pour your batter into the pan.
5. Bake for 75 minutes, or until a fork in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove the loaf and leave it to cool for ten minutes.
7. Remove the bread from the loaf pan and allow it to cool completely on the wired cooking rack, about an 30 more minutes, before slicing and serving.
8. This will keep for 3-5 days in an airtight container on your counter. but up to 7 days in the fridge.