🥛 Read your labels 🚫 This recipe is a reminder to eat real food and learn to check what you are putting in your body everyday (😑 like store bought nut milks).
So many packaged foods found at our supermarkets are filled with chemical fillers, stabilizers, and additives to make them live on the grocery shelf far longer than they should. When consumed they are not safe for our body and actually cause more harm to our hormones, digestion and we don’t need any of them. I call them anti-nutrients.
I have a rule, if I can’t understand the ingredients list, or if it can live on the grocery shelf for more than 7 days, I don’t want it in my body.Now I know it sounds extreme, but real whole foods perish within a week or 2, when we eat them in this time they are full of prana - alive life force energy, with fresh hydrating, nutrients, vitamins and flavour.
I try to eat 80% fresh seasonal ingredients from the farmers market and around 20% of store bought items, like nuts, snacks, condiments, oils, spices and chocolate 😋 This is how I support my flow + glow, by eating the rainbow 🌈
Unfortunately we live in a fast paced world of convenience, where people tend to eat 80% processed or packaged foods and only 20% of mama natures food.We need to get back to the slower pace of nature and start cooking more at home.
🌱Nut milk is one of the products that frustrate me the most, and most people drink this everyday, with so many unnecessary additives 🤮
So this is a great recipe to do at home, that is so simple, no nasty extras and you don’t need to drain the nuts from the milk, you blend it all up and it makes it extra creamy and frothy milk.
TIP: Make sure you soak raw cashews overnight, to help make them extra soft for blending.
1 cup soaked raw cashews
3 cups spring water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 pinch maldon salt
- Soak 1 cup of cashews overnight in spring water, then drain and rinse. If you forget to soak them, you can also pop them in a bowl of boiled water, and let them soak for 2-4 hours.
- Using a vitamix, or high power blender add the soaked cashews and 4 cups of spring water.
- Blend on high for a 3 minutes, until it becomes super frothy.
- Check consistency, no lumps or chunks or grainy pieces, you want it smooth. Blend more if needed.
- Add the organic vanilla extract, and salt, blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into a glass jar with airtight lid and store in the fridge for 5-7 days.