This has to the the easiest at home nut-milk to make! It’s super creamy, and the best part is you don’t have to strain it like almond milk. Just soak your cashews overnight, drain, then blend with spring water and a dash of vanilla extract. Voila, instant homemade cashew milk!
1 cup raw cashews
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1 pinch sea salt
- Soak 1 cup of cashews overnight in spring water, then drain and rinse. If you forget to soak them, you can also pop them in a bowl of boiled water, and let them soak for 2-4 hours.
- Using a vitamix, or high power blender add the soaked cashews and 4 cups of spring water.
- Blend on high for a 3 minutes, until it becomes super frothy.
- Check consistency, no lumps or chunks or grainy pieces, you want it smooth. Blend more if needed.
- Add the organic vanilla extract, and salt, blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into a glass jar with airtight lid and store in the fridge for 5-7 days.