2 bunches rainbow carrots, peeled and trimmed, halved lengthwise
1 tsp ground five spice
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp flaky maldon salt
1 tbsp grass fed ghee or olive oil
1 tbsp raw honey
Fresh parsley or mint for garnish
Pumpkin seeds for garnish
1 garlic clove - finely chopped
½ tsp maldon sea salt
3 tbsp organic tahini
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup cold water (more if needed)
1 cup fresh chopped parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Wash and dry carrots, and cut lengthwise. Add ghee or olive oil to the sheet pan with carrots.
3. Sprinkle with spices, salt and pepper, toss and cover well.
4. Spread carrots in a single layer, and bake until tender and browned around the edges, 20 mins. Drizzle honey and roast for another 5 mins to caramelise at the end.
5. To make the sauce, add all tahini ingredients to a mini food processor and blend, adding small amounts of water to help blend, until a thick creamy sauce forms.
6. To serve, add tahini sauce to the serving platter first, and assemble carrots on top.
7. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or mint, more S+P to taste, and toasted pumpkin seeds.