Veggie Stir Fry
You can use whatever stir fry veggies you have in the fridge.
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh ginger, minced
1/4 cup purple cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, thinly sliced
1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
1/2 cup snap peas, blanched
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, fried
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 inch of ginger
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup cilantro stems
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut milk/cream
2 x tbsp sesame oil
2 x tbsp tamari
1 x tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 x tbsp coconut aminos (or honey)
2 x tbsp hot sauce or chili flakes
Fresh cilantro leaves
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Soak the Akua kelp noodles in a bowl of cold water to reactivate.
2. Prep veggies - mince the garlic and ginger, thinly slice onion, shiitake, carrot into half moons, broccoli florets, thin red pepper slices, and finely chop spring onions.
3. Add all peanut sauce ingredients into food processor and whiz up until smooth with a slight chunk. Check flavors and adjust if too salty, spicy, or savory. Set aside.
4. Add 2 tbsp sesame oil to a cast iron pan, add ginger, garlic, and spring onion. Lightly fly ~2 minutes. Next add shiitake, zucchini, broccoli, and sauce until lightly brown - about 5 minutes. Lastly add in snap peas and red peppers - they don’t need as long to cook, only about 2 minutes.
5. Push your veggies to one side of the pan, add a dash more of sesame oil and add your kelp pasta. Lightly fry. Pour your satay sauce onto the kelp and stir well - about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
6. To serve, add noodles first, then cover with veggies and drizzle peanut sauce over the top. Add the shiitake, sprinkle of sesame seeds, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime to serve.