1 x small butternut squash halved, peeled and deseeded, and cut into 1cm half moons
3 tbsp La Tourangelle Olive Oil
1 bunch asparagus spears
½ cup canned chickpeas
1 tbsp capers
1 tsp maldon sea salt
1 tsp paprika
Cracked black pepper - to taste
1 x cup soaked raw cashews
¼ cup La Tourangelle Olive Oil
1 tbsp capers
2 x garlic cloves finely minced
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp maldon salt + black pepper to taste
1. Soak raw cashews in a bowl of warm water for 1 hour, this can be done ahead.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread butternut squash out and drizzle with La Tourangelle Olive Oil sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper. Place in the oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Leave them on the pan to cool.
3. Chop asparagus spears into bite size pieces, place on a parchment lined baking tray with a dash of olive oil, salt and cracked pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 mins with the squash, take out + set aside.
4. Dry the chickpeas well and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roll around to coat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper + paprika. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
5. Dressing - drain the cashews, add to vitamix or blender with rest of dressing ingredients. Blend on high until the dressing is super smooth. You can add a splash of water if necessary to get it blending. Add salt to taste and adjust other seasonings, if desired. Set aside.
6. Salad - chop up the romaine into bite-sized pieces. Place into a large mixing bowl, and add dressing and mix lightly until fully coated.
7. To serve - get 2 serving bowls or plates ready, add the lettuce first, add the roasted vegetables on top and garnish with chickpeas and avocado slices.
8. Serve immediately while still warm + delicious!