It’s that time of year again where I love to whip up my super simple festive dessert, because simplicity around the holidays saves us time for the more important things - like hugs. So here is another version of my infamous chocolate bark, this time with a vegan white chocolate twist, perfect for a festive treat.
This recipe I used vegan white chocolate chips, most white cooking chocolate has milk powder in it, so if you want vegan make sure you check the labels for ingredients first and opt for a vegan white chocolate. Regular white chocolate chips will also work.
- 1 ½ cups vegan white chocolate chips
- 2 x tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup pistachios - chopped
- ¼ cup toasted white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp malden flaky sea salt
1. Half fill a pot of water and bring it to the boil. Place a heat resistant glass or metal mixing bowl on top over the double boiler. Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil until a smooth liquid chocolate forms. Turn off heat, and leave on top of the steam.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet or glass pyrex with parchment paper. Pour melted mixture out and use a spatula to spread evenly, to the edges.
3. Sprinkle with the nuts, seeds and salt evenly all over the chocolate.
4. Pop the tray on a flat surface in the refrigerator to harden for about 30 mins, until completely hardened.
5. Once set, you can crack the bark into yummy chunks to serve.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 7 days, or the freezer for a month - if it will last that long!